Music Test's and Games
Quotes About Music
Write To Bands
Pictures of TV Appearances
Movie Appearances By Musicians
Band Facts 1
Band Facts 2
Band Facts 3
Wrestling Music Facts
Born, Based, Raised In
Lots Of Links 1
Lots Of Links 2
Music Zine Links
Official Band Sites
Fansites That I Made
True Music Stories
Funny Band Names
Be A Rockstar!
Lots Of Fun Music Polls
Music Gifs & Images
Submit Concert Reviews
Add Your Link!
Contact Form/ Suggestions
Click For ALL My Pages!
Name: Madonna |
Birth Name: Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone (pronounced: CHEE-KOH-NEH)
Height: 5' 4''"
Date: August 16, 1958
Birth Place: Rochester, Michigan
Occupation: singer, actress, producer, composer
Education: University of Michigan (majored in Dance; dropped out) Adams High School, Rochester, Michigan West Junior High School
Husband/Wife: Guy Ritchie (director; together since 1999; married on December 22, 2000), Sean Penn (actor; married in August 1985; divorced in 1989).
Relationship: Andy Byrd (actor; filmmaker; brief relationship 1998), Carlos Leon (personal trainer; 1994-97), Dennis Rodman (professional basketball player; together briefly 1994), John Enos (actor), Warren Beatty (actor, 1989-1990)
Father: Sylvio (Tony) Ciccone (design engineer for Chrysler/General Motors; family immigrated from Italy)
Mother: French Canadian who died of breast cancer.
Sister: Paula Ciccone (producer; younger), Melanie Ciccone (publicist for Opal Records; younger)
Brother: Martin Ciccone (dj; older), Anthony Ciccone (TV production assistant), Christopher Ciccone (artist; younger)
Half Sister: Jennifer Ciccone (younger)
Half Brother: Mario Ciccone (younger)
Grand Father: Gaetano Ciccone
Grand Mother: Michelina Ciccone
Step Mother: Joan Gustafson Ciccone
Son: Rocco Ritchie (born on August 11, 2000 at 12:52 am; father: Guy Ritchie)
Daughter: Lourdes Maria Ciccone Leon (father: Carlos Leon; her personal trainer)
Claim to fame: Album Like a Virgin (1984)
6342 Mulholland Hwy.
Hollywood, Ca 90068-1648 USA
8491 Sunset Boulevard 485
West Hollywood, California 90069 USA
- Madonna will become a shrill upper-class woman stranded on an island with a working-class sailor after a shipwreck in her husband's upcoming movie SWEPT AWAY. (August 2002)
- She was at the centre of a pregnancy riddle on August 9th after she was spotted looking a little thicker around the waist.
- Despite rumors that her new movie, Swept Away, is on the verge of being scrapped, Madonna is adamant the show will go on and the movie is still on schedule to hit cinema screens in October. (August 2002)
- Her love affair with all things British is still going strong — she has splashed out on a sporty Mini Cooper. Madge took delivery of the £20,000 electric blue motor — including £4,000 of luxury extras — at the end of July.
- Her choice of the Mini — a classic British icon, despite being owned by BMW — shows just how much she feels at home in the UK.
- The extras she wanted for her new car include a leather interior, 17in alloy wheels and a satellite navigation system to help her negotiate Britain's roads.
- Madonna also loves British fashion. She recently wore a red, white and blue tracksuit with Great Britain emblazoned across it, as she left a theatre in London's West End.
- She joins an impressive list of Bond serenades that also includes Paul McCartney, Tina Turner, Sheryl Crow, Shirley Bassey, Tom Jones, Carly Simon and Duran Duran.
- Has demanded her character be made a lesbian in the new JAMES BOND film because she didn't even get to kiss the suave spy in the script.
- Is living up to her reputation for being difficult on the set of the JAMES BOND movie. She makes excessive demands while she films her brief cameo in DIE ANOTHER DAY.
- Born August 16, 1958 in Bay City, Michigan to a lower-middle class Italian-Catholic household, Madonna Louise Ciccone was the third and eldest daughter of Chrysler engineer Sylvio (Tony) Ciccone and French-Canadienne Madonna Fortin, for whom the future superstar was named.
- She had her first rape encounter at 14.
- As she is in rehearsals for a British musical, the Times of London is reporting that she's getting angry with people who are calling her Madge.
- Has angrily hit out at reports she is expecting her third child.
- Has angered London's theatre bosses by pulling out of a much-hyped West End show.
- James Bond movie chiefs have lined up Madonna for the theme tune for the new installment of the hit British spy film series.
- Her movie co-stars are singing her praises - after realizing working with her was nowhere near as tough as they feared.
- Animal activists are planning to protest at the British estate of Madonna and her husband Guy Ritchie.
- Her life has been deemed too dull by the pop queen's fans - the Material Girl's 1988 diary has failed to sell at auction.
- Her long-term spokeswoman Liz Rosenberg has quit -- she wants to move on to low key stars on the Warner Records label.
- Will donate the proceeds of her concerts in Los Angeles, believed to be about $1.4 million (£1 million), to children orphaned in the wake of the disasters that have beset America.
- Carlos Leon, the ex-lover of Madonna and father of her four-year- old daughter Lourdes, has been arrested.
- Madonna and Sean Penn were approached to star together in BLIND DATE (1987), but producers wanted to cast Bruce Willis in the male lead, so Madonna backed out.
- Before Madonna's date in A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN, Rosie's lines include, You think they are men in this country who haven't seen your breasts?.a possible stab at Madonna's real life using their true friendship.
- Co-wrote the theme song for the film This Used To Be My Playground for A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN (1992) in which she was nominated for a Golden Globe Award.
- Campaigned for the role of Mary Corleone in THE GODFATHER: PART III (1990), and had a meeting with Coppola and Robert De Niro to discuss how to adapt the role to their ages.
- Was considered for the role of Ginger in CASINO (1995), but Sharon Stone convinced director Martin Scorsese to give her the role.
Tried unsuccessfully to ban the release of A CERTAIN SACRIFICE (1985) in 1985.
- (DESPERATELY SEEKING SUSAN (1985)) She was trying to lose weight, or rather not to gain any. So when the script called for her to be eating, she'd spit out the food at the end of the take!
- Was cast in EVITA (1996) after she wrote a long and desperate letter to director Alan Parker convincing him she was perfect to play the role.
- In EVITA (1996) she changed costumes 85 times, more than Elizabeth Taylor in CLEOPATRA (1963). Madonna wore 39 hats, 45 pair of shoes and 56 pairs of earrings.
- (EVITA (1996) In the original album and stage play, there is a line referring to Evita as the new world Madonna with the golden touch. In the film, it was changed to she's Our Lady of the new world with the golden touch. This was done since the actress playing Eva is Madonna.
- Was originally approached for the role which was picked up by Michelle Pfeiffer in THE FABULOUS BAKER BOYS (1989). Madonna turned it down because the plot was too mushy.
- Auditioned for a role in FAME (1980) but was turned down.
- Also Co-Starred In the BMW film entitled,
- It was Madonna who first made America aware of Antonio Banderas. She gushed that he was the sexiest man she'd ever met and vowed to seduce him.
- Her wedding strapless silk ivory gown was designed by Stella McCartney, daughter of ex-Beatle Paul McCartney.
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Rupert Everett, Donatella Versace and Sting were among the celebrities who witnessed the union of Madonna and Guy Ritchie at Skibo Castle in Scotland.
- Grew up in Pontiac, Michigan, a suburb of Detroit. When the house got too small for the growing Ciccone family they moved to Rochester Hills, Michigan. Her father and step-mother still live in this house.
"I love living in England. I feel comfortable and safe here. I want my family to grow up here."
"People say, 'He turned my head.' My head spun around on my body!"
- Madonna [of husband Guy Ritchie]
"[My daughter Lourdes and I] listen to Britney Spears songs together."
"I suppose I sometimes used to act like I wasn't a human being."
"Sometimes I look back at myself and remember things I used to say, or my hairstyle, and I cringe.""
- Madonna [on how she rates as a wife 1-10]
"There are moments when I can't believe I'm as old as I am. But I feel better physically than I did 10 years ago. I don't think, Oh God, I'm missing something."
"He's very relaxed at the table, throwing his salad around willy-nilly. I didn't find him stiff at all."
- Madonna [on Prince Charles]
"I am a survivor. I am like a cockroach, you just cant get rid of me."
"About Britney Spears: I love Britney. I want to do nothing but support her and praise her. . I became obsessed with wearing Britney T-shirts. I slept in them, as well. It was like I felt it would bring me luck"
She won a Golden Globe Award as the best actress in a leading role for EVITA (1996)
She won ASCAP Award for Most Performed Songs from Motion Pictures in 2000 for AUSTIN POWERS: THE SPY WHO SHAGGED ME and Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy/Musical in 1997 for EVITA.
Celebrity pictures archive: A huge archive of Madonna pictures
PORFie JR's MADONNA Page
Madonna Fan UK
Madonna New Era
Madonna Photo Collection
Sindris Madonna Page
True Blue Band
Where Life Begins